1. Co-responsible for Treatment
- Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer, with Tax Identification Number G-28197564 (hereinafter, “AECC“) and Fundación Científica de la Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer, with Tax Identification Number G-28655033 (hereinafter, “Fundación“), as co-responsible parties. Together the “Parties”.
- Address: Calle Teniente Coronel Noreña 30, 28010, Madrid, Spain.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
2. Data Origin
3. Obligation to provide the Data
It will be mandatory to provide the data requested in forms on the Website (unless otherwise specified in the required field) to comply with the established purposes. Therefore, if these are not provided or are incorrect, they may not be processed and may affect your registration and the fulfillment of the stated purposes.
4. Purpose and basis for the processing
The purposes of the processing of Personal Data provided by users who participate in the World Cancer Research movement, including the events linked to it, will be:
- Manage queries and suggestions from users, the legitimate basis being the user’s express consent. You may revoke your consent at any time through the address firstname.lastname@example.org, without such revocation having a retroactive effect.
- Manage the participation in any of the events and activities related to World Cancer Research, being the legitimate basis for the execution of the contractual relationship derived from your registration.
- Manage the publication and communication of its image and/or video in digital format, whether internal or external media of the Fundación and AECC, web pages owned by the Fundación and AECC and give visibility to the event held, the legitimizing basis being the execution of the contractual relationship.
- If the user actively participates during the events and/or activities, either through his/her attendance and intervention or in his/her online participation with the microphone and/or camera activated, his/her image and/or voice may be captured. The publication and communication of your participation in digital format, either internal or external media of the Fundación and AECC, web pages owned by the Fundación and AECC, being the legitimate basis for your express consent expressed in your active participation. You may revoke your consent at any time through the address email@example.com, without such revocation having retroactive effects.
- Your data may be processed to send information about new editions of World Cancer Research Day, as well as research projects related to the movement, being the basis of legitimacy the legitimate interest of the Fundación and Association. This treatment responds to the interest of the co-responsible in maintaining contact with the attendees in order to carry out the aforementioned informative communications. We understand that such processing of personal data is within their expectations and does not involve a significant interference in their rights to privacy and intimacy to the extent that only the contact details will be used for sending such communications. The user may, in any case, object to be contacted for this purpose.
- To carry out opinion surveys and internal solutions operations, to perform statistical analyses, with the legitimate interest of the co-responsible parties as the legitimate basis. This processing responds to the need of the co-responsible parties to adapt their operations and the services and activities managed, as well as the expectations of the users, for which it is necessary to know their opinion. This processing also improves the quality of the services provided to users. Although for the analysis of the opinions, responses will be collected on an individual basis, their analysis will be carried out in a general way, by means of statistics, without identifying specific users. The user will be able, in any case, to choose to give his assessment or not, as well as to communicate his opposition to be contacted for this purpose.
To comply with the legally established obligations, being the legitimizing basis for the fulfillment of the Partie’s legal obligations.
5. Categories of Personal Data
The Parties may process the following categories of Personal Data:
- Contact information: full name, mailing address, e-mail address
- Identifying data: Image, voice
- Navigation Data
As well as any other personal data, as may be specially protected data, derived from the voluntary participation of Users during the event. It should be noted that users are solely responsible for the content they publish and/or provide.
In the event that the interested party provides data of third parties, he/she declares to have the consent of the same and guarantees to have transferred the information contained in this clause.
The Web is intended exclusively for persons over eighteen (18) years of age, so if you are under the age of eighteen (18) you are expressly prohibited from participating.
We reserve the right to request from Users any information (e.g. copy of ID) that would allow to verify the age of the User, as well as to delete or deactivate any account of a minor or when Users fail to provide the requested documentation within the deadlines set forth in such request.
6. International Data Transfers
The Parties do not carry out international transfers of data to other countries.
7. Conservation period
The Personal Data of the Users will be kept only for the time necessary to carry out the purposes for which they were collected, the execution of the event, as well as until the revocation of the consents granted. Subsequently, if necessary, the information will be kept blocked until the prescription of the legal responsibilities that may have arisen due to the processing of the Personal Data of the Users, at which time they will be irreversibly deleted.
8. Data Security
The Parties have implemented the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of their data and to prevent unauthorized changes, losses, processing, and access, in view of the state of technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed.
Any person accessing, browsing, or using the Web Site will be required to respect and comply with these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the terms set forth herein, do not access, browse, or use any Web Site page.
9. User Responsibility
The user guarantees that he/she is over eighteen (18) years of age and that the information provided is true, accurate, complete, and up to date. To these effects, the user is responsible for the veracity of all the data he/she communicates and will keep the information provided conveniently updated, in such a way that it corresponds to his/her actual situation.
In any case, the user will be responsible for any false or inaccurate information provided through the Web and for any direct or indirect damages, that this may cause to the Parties or third parties.
The Parties do not communicate data to third parties unless required by law. However, in order to offer the service and management of the event, data may be shared with suppliers who provide services for the development and operation of the Website and/or the event, which require the processing of data for which the Parties are jointly responsible, ensuring that the contracting with third parties complies with the applicable regulations.
11. User Rights
- a) Right of Access: You will have the right to be informed by Fundación about whether or not it is processing your personal data and, if so, to be able to access such data and receive information about the purposes for which they are processed, the categories of data affected by the processing, the recipients to whom your personal data were communicated and the expected period of data retention, among other information.
- b) Right of Rectification and Deletion: You will have the right to request the deletion of personal data provided that the legal requirements are met, and the rectification of inaccurate data concerning you when, among other reasons, these are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- c) Limitation of processing, revocation of consent and total or partial opposition to processing: In certain circumstances (for example, in case the applicant contests the accuracy of his or her data, while the accuracy of the data is being verified), you may request that we limit the processing of your personal data, being processed only for the exercise or defense of claims. You also have the right to revoke the consent given and to object to the processing at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, if the processing is based on our legitimate interest or on the legitimate interest of a third party (including processing for the purpose of direct marketing and profiling). In this case, the Fundación will cease processing, unless legitimate reasons are demonstrated.
- d) Portability of your data: You will have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to the Fundación in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and to be able to transmit them to another data controller without being prevented from doing so by the data controller to whom you have provided them, in the cases legally provided for this purpose.
- e) Automated individual decisions: Also, in addition to the above rights, in case of automated decisions, including profiling, you have the right to obtain human intervention by the Fundación and to express your point of view and challenge the decision.
- f) Others: Likewise, when personal data is transferred to a third country or an international organization, you have the right to be informed about how you can access or obtain a copy of the appropriate safeguards concerning the transfer.
You may also file a complaint regarding the protection of your personal data before the Spanish Data Protection Agency at the address C/ Jorge Juan, 6, 28001, Madrid, when the interested party considers that Fundación has violated the rights that are recognized by the applicable regulations on data protection.
13. Declaration of Conformity
Last update: September 2023